Tuesday, September 18, 2012

NYFW: Moments of spark

Oscar De La Renta


Naeem Khan
 
Proenza Schouler

Cushnie et Ochs
 
Donna Karan
 
J.Mendel
 
Marchesa

Zac Posen

Marc Jacobs

Rodarte
 
 
I have so many thoughts and too much going on to comment on them all.  Next time round I'll do better.  For the moment:  Marchesa - so much Indian inspiration, which I should love but it felt a little contrived and certainly no better than any of the stunning pieces I saw recently at an Indian wedding.  A lot of floaty from a number of designers, particularly J.Mendel.  Rodarte and Proenza very edgy - obviously I loved the crazy blues and greens coming through.  Orange is definitely having its moment - it was bursting in most shows.  Black and white also.  Victoria Beckham emerged with some fun new silouhettes.


No comments:

Post a Comment