Sunday, July 10, 2011

Rockstar Women (aka why a winning woman isn't all about a bangin' body)

I've had a number of conversations with the men in my life recently about hot Scandanavian women, the girl down the street, long distance relationships, the ever present long legs and short skirts at Merivale Establishment ... and I've equally had a number of conversations with the fabulous women in my life - from work, from uni, from different parts of the world, at my beauty salon, about what Sydney men seem to want (or not want).

Last night a friend told me his girl was 'epic'.  And it got me to thinking about the 'epic' women I know who are quite literally, rockstars in their given area of intelligence or talent, but many of whom are single (or at least were single for a number of years until they went overseas).  Sydney men seem to suffer from a flesh diet that focuses primarily on a bangin' body.  Do you agree?  Is anything more than that really too much hard work?  Or do you want someone who is epic?  Passionate in bed and in life, who has guts and determination, who you can talk politics and sport with, someone who you can laugh with every day for the rest of your life...a partner in crime?  This particular friend wants a woman (and has found one) who he can go toe to toe with - and I think that makes it all the sweeter. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, though I think you can be epic and banging. You are!

    ReplyDelete