Friday, August 10, 2012

L'homme: colour (leg) block






via 00o00, my blackberry, All Things Stylish and StreetFSN

A rather debonair man asked me this weekend to help investigate the perfect pair of coloured trousers. With the above inspiration (including running into a well-dressed man in bright orange chinos, a crisp white shirt and blue v-neck sweater on the street in Woollahra) I've kept my eye out and have tracked down a few fun summer leg colours:

1. Herringbone jet chino skinny trouser in blue, orange or what I like to call, raspberry, available in winter colours here, and in summer colours instore (update your website, Herringbone!):


2.  Country Road slim chino in spearmint (also in yellow), available here.  While I dig the spearmint, I've seen the Herringbone trousers on, and I think they look to be a better cut than these.  These are probably the most casual of the bunch.

3.  JCrew sun-faded chino in 484 fit in deep peacock (or for added fun, rusty brick!) available here (and yes, JCrew now ships to Australia!)  I'm really quite in love with these, but you know I'm partial to any colour that reminds me of the Mediterranean sea.  I also dig the broken-in chino in urban slim fit in cabernet available here.  But then, nowadays I love sort of everything JCrew does - thank you, Jenna Lyons, you are the ultimate girl crush.


4.  Topman skinny chinos (sounds like a coffee order?) in nautical blue or pale burgundy available here and here, respectively.  These feel a little casual in comparison to the Herringbone and JCrew styles, but less so than the Country Road cut.


  5.  And, because you know how I love to shop in New York and you can always online shop (from left to right): 
  • Alexandre Mattiusi chinos in burgundy available at Barneys,
  • Lanvin side stripe chinos in electrical blue available at Barneys, though, quite frankly: seen better here
  • Also loving Steven Alan (a fave of the NYC Duas) New Yukon pants in salmon or green at Saks.
  • But, probably my favourite on the NYC scene are Rag and Bone vintage reds available here



 The winners for me?  Rag and Bone's vintage reds, JCrews sun-drenched peacock blue and subject to seeing them on, the Herringbone jet chinos in any colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment